To support, serve, encourage and ASPIRE others towards greatness. It is the intention of Aspired Elements to be an up-lifter and guide others to optimal health and well-being.
Ayurvedic Health Practitioner, Yoga Teacher, Consultant
Marie Harger has been teaching people about their bodies through movement since 1984. She began her Yoga practice in 1993 in San Luis Obispo, CA.
Since then Marie graduated from the University of Reno, Nevada with a degree in Communication and Psychology, completed a 2 year sports medicine training. She is a part-time faculty teacher at Truckee Meadows Community College and has developed community and individual wellness programs for health clubs and businesses for over the past 15 years. In addition, she was the editor for the wellness magazine “Healthy Beginnings” and has completed multiple Yoga trainings that included the styles of Ashtanga, Iyengar, Viniyoga, Anusara, and over 500 hours of Parayoga. Her latest Yoga training based on the ancient Tantric Science and Tradition has advanced her level of knowledge and depth of the practice.
Marie is also an Ayurvedic Health Medicine Practitioner. Ayurveda is an alternative medicine based on the elements found in everything that exists. Ayurveda is the medicine and science of India and has been in existence for over 5000 years. Ayurveda means the “Science of Life” and works with individuals and groups to educate using nutritional, life-style and herbal formulas to improve quality of life.
Often people do not know what Ayurveda is. Think of yourself as a tree with roots that draw up its nutrition from the ground. What is brought in are the elements Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. We bring them in with the food we eat, with the activities we participate in, the conversations and behaviors we have, the impressions we allow in and our environment. If we draw in an element in excess the body overflows and this element moves into the blood stream and plasma. If overflow continues it will settle in weak tissue and manifest as something physical in the body.
Marie’s job as a Practitioner is to understand the nature of the individual, the pathology and the treatment and bring the elements into balance so the root cause of the aliment can be eliminated.
This medicine is the perfect complement to Western medicine providing services specific to the individual and body constitution which determines temperament, tendencies, behaviors and how to manage all aspects of life. Quality of life is important, how one treats themselves today determines their tomorrow.
- Certificate Nevada Psychological Association Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Principles and Practices. 2011
- Certified Hypnotherapist graduated from Palo Alto School of Hypnotherapy in 1992.
- 200 Hour Teacher Yoga training 1998 with Yogalink International
- 500 Hour Parayoga Teacher training from 2007 until 2016
- 40 Teacher Training with Nicki Doane and Eddie Modestini
- 200 Hour Teacher Yoga training with Anusara alignment based Yoga training
- 200 Hour Massage Therapy training completed in 1988 with Body Ease Massage School in San Jose, CA (worked extensively with Physical Therapist at The Better Health Clinic with chronic pain patients, Campbell CA)
- 2 Year Sports Medicine Training with the National Academy of Sports Medicine in 1994.
- Touch Therapy and PNF Therapy 1994 manual active stretching and trigger point therapy for muscle engagement, release, spasms, tension, resistance and other muscular limitations.